Borrow Bikes in Conveniently Located Near the Schuylkill River Trail!
Bike Schuylkill and Bike Pottstown are two versions of the same completely free bike share program. Bikes are available in Pottstown and Hamburg year round. In Pottstown, the program is known as Bike Pottstown, while in Hamburg it is known as Bike Schuylkill.
Bikes are available at the following locations:
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area offices located near the Schuylkill River Trail at 140 College Dr., Pottstown, 19464; 484-945-0200; M-F 8:30-3:00. All bikes must be returned to SRG offices by 4pm.
- Hobart’s Run Office. 856 East High Street, Pottstown, PA. Bikes generally available M-F. Look for the bike outside their office! You can contact them at (610) 780-6324
- Hamburg Public Library 35 North 3rd Street, Hamburg. 610-562-2843. Library hours vary by day-please check with library about rental availability before planning your trip.
Summer Seasonal Locations (Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Take it Outdoors Adventures Also conveniently located in Riverfront Park near the Riverfront Rotary pavilion, Take it Outdoors Adventures is our newest addition to the BikePottstown program. They are open Wednesday to Sunday from 9-5 (later hours on Thursdays, check their facebook page for updated info: Take It Outdoors Adventures | Facebook
- Hamburg Community Park, Franklin St. and Park Rd., Hamburg, PA. Available daily 12 noon to 8 p.m. at the community pool from the Saturday before Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed for the Season
The Schuylkill River Heritage Area has formed Bike Schuylkill in partnership with the Pottstown Health and Wellness Foundation in Pottstown and the Our Town Foundation in Hamburg.