Official Rules and Regulations:
Cyclists must be 16 years old, or older, with a valid form of identification.
- Cyclists must leave identification with Bike Pottstown/Bike Schuylkill while bike is in use.
- Cyclists must completely fill out and turn in the Bike Pottstown/Bike Schuylkill Waiver.
- Bike Pottstown/Bike Schuylkill hours are subject to hours of operation for each given location.
- Bikes are to be returned in the same condition issued.
- Cyclists are responsible for all undisclosed damages, including but not limited to :
- Lost or stolen bike, or bike parts
- Flat tires, bent rims, broken spokes
- Any damage that would otherwise render the bike inoperable
- Cyclists are required to report any damage to the bike during use.
- Cyclists not returning Bike Pottstown/Bike Schuylkill bikes and equipment by the close of the day will be reported to the local police department.
- Bicycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death. Bike Pottstown/Bike Schuylkill assumes no responsibility for any injury resulting from the use of program bicycles.
- Cyclists are encouraged to wear helmets. Helmets are offered by Bike Pottstown/Bike Schuylkill and are available upon request.
- Cyclists must obey all PA laws and regulations governing bicycles and their use.Pennsylvania Bicycle Driver’s Manual is available to view online.